Wednesday, June 14, 2006

We're having serious computer problems here, so I just wanted to get a paragraph written before the computer craps out again.

I was watching 'Around the Horn' today (truth be told, I don't like that show, but I like keeping ESPNEWS on as background noise when I get home, and that's what they air at 5:30...or maybe 6). Anyway, one of their "Buy Or Sell" topics was the Mets - do you buy or sell them? And all of the "panelists" (read: glorified newspaper writers) agreed that the Mets are the best team (only good team) in the National League. Not all of them were sold on the Mets being the best team in the majors - one said the White Sox' pitching depth put them over the top, another believes the A's have a big run in them. But it's nice to see the national attention the Mets are getting.

The Mets are really putting on quite a road show right now - 6 straight, and it's being done in dominating fashion. Unfortunately, they just rolled out the tarp in Philadelphia, in the bottom of the 4th, with the Mets up, 7-2...so it's not an official game yet. David Wright has a homer, and the Mets were just destroying the Phillies - so they'd better resume this game and not call it.

Thursday is a day game before the Mets come back home for interleague play.

(The computer is behaving OK right now, but I'm not going to push my luck. With a day game tomorrow I'll do a full road-trip wrap, and hopefully not have the threat of a computer failure looming.)

No comments: