Monday, June 12, 2006

Thanks for coming...but I think I'm only going to mention a couple of things and then take the rest of the night off.

I didn't realize that Bobby Keppel (former Mets prospect) and Vladimir Guerrero (johnnymets' Beat the Streak player on Monday) were a 10:05 start. So there won't be a post after that game...I don't know if I'll even be awake for it. I will mention here that my Beat the Streak for Tuesday (hopefully to keep the streak going) will be Shea Hillenbrand, against the Orioles.

The one Mets-related stat I read today that I thought was worth repeating - Carlos Beltran* had more runs scored (10) than the Arizona Diamondbacks (9) during the Mets' four-game sweep. Beltran* was actually named the National League Player of the Week for his performances in L.A. and Arizona.

THE KID'S KIDS: The St. Lucie Mets' winning streak came to a screeching halt tonight in Game 1 of their doubleheader against Palm Beach, with an 11-5 loss. I'll update game two tomorrow.

FANTASY UPDATE: Big news here - a three-game sweep of the division-leading Phillies. Now I'm just four out of the wild card...and more divisional games are coming up. The difference? In my opinion, it's new free-agent pickup Rico Brogna, who homered in his first game with the What If Mets, and factored into the game-winning run in the 12th inning of his second game. Unfortunately, Brogna might be the last move made by the What If Mets, because the transaction deadline passed after the third game Monday. Hope the wins keep coming....

Tom Glavine opposes Ryan Madson in Philadelphia Tuesday night. The Mets are 6-and-a-half games up in the division heading into the series (also worth mentioning - The Braves are now 10 games back - tied with Washington).

No comments: