Sunday, October 03, 2004

Jets-Dolphins, 4pm

Hopefully this coming week I'll be able to stick to my regular schedule, now that I've completed most of the homework I have due on Monday. But here's a quick preview...Jay Fiedler starts against the Jets today. That worries me a little bit, because of his recent success against them. But the fact is, the Dolphins are not good. Their defense is still pretty good, but there should be no way Jay Fiedler beats the Jets, because he's got no one to run the ball, and no one to throw to. Because it's the Dolphins, they will probably stay close to the Jets, but I don't see them winning. Chad Pennington will play smart and not make mistakes against the Dolphins D, and we'll find out how Curtis Martin runs against a good defense. I'll go Jets, 27-20, covering the six-point spread.

Here are the rest of the games (for entertainment purposes only) - I went 8-5-1 last week, on the season, I'm 25-20-1:

The Giants are in Green Bay to play the Packers. Green Bay is a 7-point favorite. The Giants have been looking surprisingly good, but I don't think they'll win this game in Green Bay. I'll take the Packers to win, but the Giants to cover that spread. So my pick is the Giants.

Philadelphia takes it's 3-0 record into Chicago. The Eagles are favored by nine. I think I'll go with Philly.

Washington is in Cleveland, and is favored by three. I think Cleveland will win this game outright...I can't really figure out the Redskins. The Browns are the pick, plus-three.

The Patriots are five-and-a-half point favorites over the Buffalo Bills. This game's in Buffalo, and I think it will be really close. I'm taking the Bills with the points. I don't know why...because Drew Bledsoe has had just one good game against the Patriots in the past few years...but I think Buffalo has a shot at ending the Patriots' winning streak. Bills, plus five and a half.

The Colts are another road favorite, giving three and a half points at Jacksonville. The Jaguars get their first loss of the season, Colts by more than three-and-a-half. I take Indy.

Pittsburgh is favored at home by five against Cincinnati. I don't know why that's such a big spread. I'm taking the Bengals (I think they'll win outright).

Houston hosts Oakland. Oakland has looked horrible this season, and they've looked pretty good. Houston hasn't looked too good at all...until today. I'm taking the Texans, getting two at home.

New Orleans is favored by three at Arizona. There's potential for an upset here, but I don't have the guts to go with the Cardinals. I'll take the Saints, minus-3.

The Panthers are favored by three and a half over the Falcons in Carolina. I've been surprised so far by Atlanta (they're 3-0). The Panthers are 1-1, and haven't looked too good, but I think they'll win this one, at home, coming off their bye week. Panthers, minus three and a half.

Denver is a 3 point favorite on the road, at Tampa Bay. I'm going with the Broncos, because Tampa is not good at all.

Tennessee is giving three on the road in San Diego. The Titans are banged up, and I don't think Steve McNair is playing. So I'm taking the Chargers, getting three at home.

Saint Louis is a three-and-a-half point favorite in San Francisco, another poor team. I'll take the Rams, even though they're on the road.

And Monday night, the Ravens are favored at home, by six points, over the very disappointing Kansas City Chiefs. I keep saying I'm not buying into all that Ravens hype, but I think they'll improve to 3-1 on Monday night, and I think they'll cover six points. So the Ravens are the pick.

Enjoy the afternoon of football!!

No comments: