Thursday, September 09, 2004

Sunday. 1pm. Jets. Bengals. I've written this before, but I think the Jets defense should be able to fluster and overwhelm Carson Palmer, and therefore, the Bengals offense. I really believe it. I know I'm usually overly optimistic, but I really think the Jets are the biggest lock of the weekend. What follows is for entertainment purposes only: The Jets are giving 4 1/2 points - usually that's too big a spread for my liking in a game where the Jets are favorites, but we'll go with the Jets - 27-17.

For my own statistical purposes - here's the rest of the NFL picks:

Tennessee-Miami: The game's been moved to Saturday because of Hurricane Ivan - the Dolphins probably wish it had been cancelled outright. Tennessee's giving 3 at Miami. Titans.

Pittsburgh, at home, against Oakland. Pittsburgh's a 4-point favorite - I don't think either of these teams are going to be too good this year...but Pitt's better this week - by 5 points. I pick Pitt.

Washington and Tampa Bay. I think the Redskins win at home in Joe Gibbs' debut. Re-debut. Whatever it is. I take Washington, giving a point and a half.

Cleveland hosts what used to be Cleveland, aka Baltimore. I think I'll take new Cleveland, getting three points at home, against the Ravens. I don't know that they'll win, but they'll lose by less than two.

Buffalo hosts Jacksonville, and is the favorite. I think the Jaguars win outright, so I take them getting three points.

Chicago, at home, giving three to Detroit. Again, I think the underdog wins the game. Go Lions, +3.

Saint Louis is an 11-point favorite at home over Arizona. I don't know, it's a big spread, I'll trust the bookies. Rams.

New Orleans is a home 'dog, getting 2 against Seattle. I'll pick the Seahawks, I think they're better.

Houston, at home, gives 5 to San Diego. The Texans will have a good year, and they'll win by a touchdown.

The Eagles are giving nine to the Giants. The Giants usually play the Eagles tight. That seems like a big spread - I'll go with the Giants, +9.

Minnesota, at home, minus 4-and-a-half against the Cowboys. I'll take the Cowboys, because I don't think they'll win, but Vinny's going to stick it to me...so I'm using some counterintuitive thinking.

The Falcons are 3-and-a-half point favorites over the 49ers. I think the Falcons will cover.

Sunday night, Denver at home, gives three to the Chiefs. I think Denver wins and covers, because it seems like they always do at home.

Monday night, Carolina minus-3 hosting Green Bay. Gotta go with Favre and the Pack getting points.

The Colts are letting my pick slip away here late in the third quarter - we'll see how this game turns out, along with the rest - on Monday. I'll have my results. Your mail appears on Tuesday - so send it along!!!

No comments: