Monday, September 06, 2004

Cheesesteak
Cheesesteak,
originally uploaded by Johnnyjets.
This is a horrendous picture of a Philly Cheesesteak. But it must be shown. It is a historical cheesesteak, and it is how our evening began. We went to a little joint just outside Philadelphia called Mama's Pizzeria, because, our host Jeff said, they have great cheesesteaks. OK, said we, we'll try these cheesesteak, since that is part of the Philly experience. What we, or I should say, I, didn't know was the aftereffects of the Philly cheesesteaks. First of all, apparently Mama likes her cheesesteaks HUGE, because that's what these were. I couldn't finish mine, and I'm a freakin' pig, just so you know. Anyway, they move through you pretty quick. You know where I'm going with this. Stop reading now if you're not going to like what's coming next.
Never before had I ever used a toilet at a ballpark. (I'm not talking 'using the toilet' in the euphemistic sense - I'm talking literal here. USE THE TOILET.) Anyway, I'm crazy, and I just don't see those things as being too clean, so I don't use them. I wait until we get back home. Well, this phine day in Philly, I could not wait. I rationalized, figuring it's a new ballpark, the bathrooms must be pretty clean. So this was a history-making cheesesteak, folks. It broke my bathroom boycott. And caused me to miss the entire fifth inning. No kidding.

No comments: