Sunday, April 05, 2009

TWO QUICK THINGS

1) I hate to remind everyone...but I have bad memories of the Mets opening the season in Cincinnati, as they'll do tomorrow (weather permitting...I guess it's supposed to snow there).

You might remember this, in 2005, Pedro Martinez's first start with the Mets. I guess it can't get much worse than that...

(Interestingly, in that post, I picked Jeremy Reed to be 2005's AL Rookie of the Year...he's now breaking camp with the Mets.)

2) Just took a look at the Arizona Diamondbacks' April schedule - they have a chance to jump out to a pretty quick start (not that that served them well last year) - 18 of their 22 April games are at hom. That's amazing! They have just one road series all month - 3 games in San Francisco...and have a road trip that starts on the last day of the month.

Time to get this season going!!!!!

No comments: