Saturday, April 11, 2009

ONE DAY AWAY

We were driving past Citi Field on Saturday, and couldn't resist pulling over to check it out.

From the outside it reminds me mostly of San Francisco, with the high, gated doorways. I never went inside AT&T Park, though, so it just reminded me of that from when we walked around the outside.

We parked and walked over to the team store...which is awesome.

From the team store we could look into the Jackie Robinson Rotunda. You could see the escalators that lead up to Field Level. But everything was shut down.

It was quite a tease for Monday's game.

I can't wait.

I'll have Twitter updates all day Monday via text, if you want to know what I'm thinking as I experience the park for the first time.

BIG WEEKEND: Celebrated a championship for a team I root for for the first time in 15 years last night as Boston University's hockey team won (in dramatic fashion, tying the game with 2 goals in the final minute, then winning in overtime) 4-3 over Miami of Ohio. It's the first championship I've cared about since the Rangers in 1994. Which is really pretty hard to believe. Hopefully this is just the start of a period of prosperity.

No comments: