Tuesday, December 09, 2008

METS SIGN K-ROD

So, what tragic ending to his career will befall Francisco Rodriguez? Will it be:
1) A career-ending arm injury?
2) From record-setting greatness to record-setting pitifulness?
3) Premature oldness?

That last one I feel I need to explain a bit. He's just 26 years old, but I feel like there's been a lot of wear and tear on that 26-year-old arm.

I am nowhere near as enthusiastic about this signing as I should be. The Mets could have signed an explosive closer, who will slam the door of every game he'll appear in. Francisco Rodriguez could be the Mets' answer to Brad Lidge of the Phillies - just a perfect season in store.

But this is the Mets, signing a free agent, and a closer no less. Things just don't work out that way for them. So K-Rod gets the *. And it will take a lot of convincing for me to ever get rid of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Johnnymets' disillusionment makes my heart sad.

Anonymous said...

I'd bet lots of money that *KRod is NOT 26 - and is probably mid-30s. Just a hunch.