The NFL certainly provides plenty of fodder for someone looking to put in perspective their team failing to make the playoffs (I am aware it isn't official that the Jets aren't in...but it might as well be...). So I present to you a list:
1) Laveranues Coles didn't shoot himself in the leg and then have David Harris try to cover the whole thing up.
2) Then later find out that Coles was uninsured when he had a traffic accident in the off-season.
3) Shaun Ellis didn't punch Brett Favre in the weight room.
4) There is no such thing around the Jets as "Mustache Monday".
5) Eric Mangini's children are too young to have columnists question their decisions about who they married.
6) A slew of Jets wasn't suspended for using a banned substance hidden in another substance. Of course...there was that one instance.
7) They're not the Oakland Raiders.
The Jets do have their own problems, coaching and off-the-field (both involving one Shaun Ellis). But looking at the landscape of the league, those are a little more run-of-the-mill than the things going on elsewhere.