Wednesday, October 29, 2008

NFL WEEK 8 RECAP

And you thought Week 8 was over. Another squeaker for the Jets in Week 8 - more exciting than it should have been. But we addressed that already earlier this week. So straight to the recap:

BEST GAME OF WEEK 8: The Jets-Chiefs game, sadly, might have been the best...or at least the best ending - it wasn't a well-played game. Giants-Steelers was good, but I don't think it was as good as it could have been. Maybe because it was so defensive.

BEST PERFORMANCE OF WEEK 8: I think the nod might go to none other than Chad Pennington. I didn't think the Dolphins would pull it out against the Bills, but they did, mostly thanks to Pennington's 314-yard, 1 touchdown performance.

WORST PERFORMANCE OF WEEK 8: Not that anyone's really expecting much out of them, but the Bengals were a disaster last week against Houston.

BEST GAME IN WEEK 9: A pretty good slate - Jets-Bills, Giants-Cowboys, Patriots-Colts, and Green Bay at undefeated Tennessee.

BEST PERFORMANCE PREDICTED IN WEEK 9: My mouth is watering for Atlanta's Michael Turner. An easy 153 yards and 2 TD's vs. Oakland.

-Last Week: I came pretty close with this one (and just realized I'm picking on Oakland a second week in a row - let's call it revenge for the Jets' loss to them) - I said Baltimore would smoke 'em, 44-13. It was 29-10.

No comments: