Tuesday, March 25, 2008

IF IT WAS THE METS, I'D BE TICKED

Got out of the shower this morning, thought I'd have a chance to watch regular season baseball....turned on the TV - a Sony, looking much like the one at left - and the screen was black - looking exactly like the TV at the left. I went from NESN to ESPN2, both supposedly carrying the Red Sox-A's, and neither one had a picture.

I checked out another channel. Yup, a picture. Immediately I knew this was some sort of DirecTV problem, not a problem at only our house.

The report now is that there were technical difficulties at DirecTV. DirecTV claims NESN was back on by the seventh inning, and reports say that ESPN2 didn't come back until after the game. I wasn't around to find out - I was already at work.

This is a mess. I don't care very much...but you'd better believe when I complain to DirecTV I'm going to claim myself as the biggest Red Sox fan in the world, who took the day off to watch the game.

Thank goodness when the Mets played in Japan, that game was on ESPN, and I was able to watch it no problem. By the way - I can't believe it has been 8 years since I watched that game. Some parts of it seem like yesterday....some of it feels like a lifetime ago. A lot can happen in 8 years.

BACK TO THE STREAK: I'm back to playing 'Beat the Streak' - one of my favorite parts of the early baseball season, before I get bored with it (and realize I'm bad at it). They're offering $1,000,000 this year to someone who can get to 57 games. I'll let you know when I'm close. I forgot to start it with Game 1 - I'm picking it up in game 2 with Manny Ramirez.

No comments: