Saturday, October 28, 2006

ANOTHER QUICK PICK

I know, I've been really bad about posting recaps, but at least I'm getting my thoughts out there in my picks. I'm not even going to pretend I believe the Jets can put away an opponent - but I will continue to believe that the Mets will beat Cleveland this weekend - in another closer-than-it-should-be-game. I take the Jets, 30-21. And the Jets complete the job they needed to do, heading into their bye week 5-3.

Now, here's the exciting part - the Patriots play the Minnesota Vikings Monday night. The game's in Minnesota. If the Patriots win, the Jets' chances at the division are pretty much over. But the Vikings have a very real chance at winning Monday night, dropping the Patriots to 5-2, then New England plays Indianapolis next week, and they could be 5-3 heading into a matchup with the Jets right after the Jets' bye. Even if the Patriots win one of those two games (but not both) the Jets have a chance to tie them for the division lead if they beat the Browns this weekend. So this is a huge game on Sunday - with many more huge games to come.

OUR PICKS: Here's all I'll say for this week - The Wife forgot to make her picks this week, and with her 0, she's still a couple of games ahead of the rest of us. But it's more competitive now.

No comments: