Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Mets (4-3, 2 GB) were off yesterday, but here are some other thoughts I had in the past couple of days:

The crowd was into Monday's game - chanting "Hamp-ton, Hamp-ton", and I think I heard a mock tomahawk chop chant. Nice...It sucks that Cliff Floyd is hurt again, but at least he's upset about it. He's not just taking it in stride, like other stars that get hurt. I like that he's passionate and wants to play. He sure was hitting the ball hard, though...Lastly, I hate the way the New York papers played off Monday's win in the home opener. Stuff like, "It's good while it lasts", and "fans say it's encouraging, but they know they'll need more miracles". Come on. Ya Gotta Believe. The worst thing is, these will be the same people jumping right back on the bandwagon come September.

No comments: