Saturday, December 04, 2004

The Jets absolutely own the Houston Texans. They've never lost to the Texans. Absolute dominance. All-time Series: Jets 1, Texans 0. After tomorrow, it should be 2-0 Jets. The Jets barely beat the Texans last year at Reliant Stadium, scoring the game-winning touchdown with 1:21 to go in the game. I expect this one to be a tough one as well, but I think the Jets will pull it out in Chad Pennington's return: I'll go Jets 21, Texans 17. So I guess I'm taking the Texans, plus six and a half.

I was 7-9 with my picks last week. I don't have my overall standings with me, but here's a fact, and I don't know whether I'm embarrassed by this or proud of it: My wife is having an awesome year picking games. On the ESPN Fantasy Games page, we play the Pigskin Pick 'Em, and I am having a brutal year, somewhere in the 50th percentile. Kathy, on the other hand, has 108 correct picks, and stands 114 in the world, in the 99.8%. So from here on out, I'm going to ride her picks. Here they are for Week 13 (FYI, she actually picked the Jets to cover, so what do I know):

NYJ -6.5
CHI +7.5
CAR +1.5
SF +10.5
ATL +1.5
NE -7.5
ARI +5.5
TEN +10.5
BUF -3.5
CIN +7.5
KC -1.5
DEN +2.5
GB +6.5
WAS -2.5
PIT -3.5
DAL +7.5

I don't think those picks look so great, but I'm not the one ranked in the top 115 in the world. I hope I didn't put too much pressure on her by telling her I'd be publishing her picks to the world (read: two people who read this site).

Enjoy the football - I know I sure will! (I'll be at the Jets game.)

No comments: