Tuesday, November 04, 2008

NFL WEEK 9 RECAP

Tired of people telling you to make sure you vote today? Want someplace that won't try to convince you to vote? Well, you've found it. First of all, it's late, the polls are closed. So it wouldn't do any good if I said anything anyway. But second of all, I suspect that if you were going to vote, you were going to vote, and my say-so wouldn't matter much to you. I'm all for democracy, but come on. Why would you listen to me? And I now step off my soapbox to present you with the Week 9 recap:

BEST GAME OF WEEK 9: Was there one? There were a lot of tight games, but nothing tremendously exciting. I guess Pats-Colts was OK, but I would give the nod to the Titans-Packers game. Though it wasn't an edge-of-your-seat type game (and full disclosure, I spent most of Sunday watching the Jets-Bills, and little of everything else), it did go to overtime in a high-stakes situation (Tennessee stayed undefeated). So that's good enough.

BEST PERFORMANCE OF WEEK 9: How about Byron Leftwich off the bench for Pittsburgh? The Steelers were going to win the game anyway, the way their defense played Monday night, but Leftwich certainly gave them a lift. How, too, about the fact that the Steelers might actually get better (they certainly don't drop off too far) when their starting quarterback goes down? The Cowboys must be jealous.

WORST PERFORMANCE OF WEEK 9: The Cowboys, and Brad Johnson, and the Cowboys. The Giants are good - there's no denying that in any form. But the Cowboys are on the verge of an absolute disaster right now. For the Giants to win by 21 - that's an embarrassment to Dallas.

BEST GAME IN WEEK 10: There's Giants-Eagles (a second consecutive NFC East matchup for the Giants), and Indy-Pittsburgh (a chance for the Colts to prove last week against New England wasn't a fluke). But the second-consecutive AFC East test for the Bills against the Patriots is probably the game to watch. The Jets will be playing the Rams while one of those two teams knocks the other out of first. That's got to be the game to watch.

BEST PERFORMANCE PREDICTED IN WEEK 10: I bet Miami handles Seattle pretty easily. Let's say Miami 33, Seahawks 14. And I'll take it a step further and say Ronnie Brown 110 yards, 1 TD.
-LAST WEEK: I called for Michael Turner to have 153 yards and 2 TD's against Oakland. He had 139, 0 TD. Not bad. But I've been way off on touchdowns in these predictions.

No comments: