Tuesday, September 30, 2008

MY FIVE STAGES

I don't get the fact that TBS is showing the Red Sox-Angels game so late on Wednesday night. The first night of playoff games is bizarre - the first game starts at 3, the second at 6:30, and the last is at ten. Seems to me they could have gone 1, 4, 7, and allowed people on the East Coast to see an East Coast game. But what I really don't get is why they aren't showing the Mets game at all on Wednesday.

WHAT?!? The Mets didn't make it to the playoffs!??! Are you *$&#&@! kidding me?! Don't even try to tell me they blew another lead late in the season. WHAT!!?! The Brewers?!! They haven't been to the playoffs since 1982!!!

Maybe we can work a deal. Maybe we can just let the Mets play one playoff game. One game with everything on the line, if they win, they get in....I'm sure we can work something out...

Ah, just screw it. What's the point anyway? They're probably just going to lose it anyway. They had their chance on Sunday, and what did they do? They lost. They had their chances in 2007, and what did they do? Lost. It's just pathetic. *sniff*

All right. There's always next year. I kind of like the way the Twins have played this year - maybe I'll root for them tonight and then into October. And then come April the Mets will be playing in a beautiful new ballpark. Springtime in Citi Field...I kind of like the sound of that....I think I'll go outside and breathe in some of this pleasant autumn weather. Maybe I'll write that nice boy David Wright a fan letter and ask him to just relax next year and not push himself too hard.

(Thanks to wikipedia for helping me out here.)

No comments: