Saturday, March 25, 2006

I'LL BE BUSY FOR THE NEXT 27 HOURS....

Huge mail delivery today - and quite a surprise. My brother sent me a Mets DVD collection featuring all 7 games of the 1986 World Series, in their entirety. It also includes the entire 16-inning Game 6 of the 1986 NLCS against the Houston Astros, along with an extras DVD that has the locker room celebration, trophy presentations, parade, and more. My wife received this type of collection last summer for her birthday, featuring the 2004 ALCS and World Series (in case you don't know her, she is a Red Sox fan), and all I could think about was how badly I wanted there to be a Mets-type collection. And I guess now there is. And I couldn't be happier.

NEW FEATURE: The Mets Fan-O-Meter is being developed, and there is a "Good" and a "Bad" meter made. Here they are:



If things are going well for the Mets, you will see Hall of Famer Gary Carter right after catching the last out of the 1986 World Series, and the meter will point the Mets in the direction of the 2006 World Series.














A bad string for the Mets will show a sad Mr. Met, and indicate that there is "trouble".


Over the next couple of days, you will see these appearing on the top right of the page - I'm just testing them out, seeing how they look, as we head towards Opening Day.

I'm gonna go watch my DVD now.

No comments: