Friday, November 11, 2005

I've managed to tear myself away from ESPN.com internet poker long enough to write the picks.

As we've talked about, the Jets finally wised up and are giving Brooks Bollinger the start this week against the Carolina Panthers. Unfortunately for Bollinger, that's a tough team to start against - worse than the Ravens when he faced them. I do think, though, that the Jets can keep this one close, and cover the 8-and-a-half point spread. (Dave and the wife also take the Jets.)

In Buffalo, the Bills are 2-point favorites over the Chiefs. This game is a tough one to figure, because though the Chiefs are without Priest Holmes, they haven't lost much else, and they're still dangerous. I just don't feel good about the Bills being the favorite, so I'm taking the Chiefs +2. (Dave and the wife both take Buffalo.)

In Tampa Bay, Washington is the road favorite, by a point. Tampa's season is done. I take Washington. (So do Dave and the wife.)

The Patriots look to rebound from the loss to the Colts against Miami, in Miami, with New England favored by 3. They should come back just fine - I take the Patriots, -3. (So do Dave and the wife.)

Chicago is home to the 49ers, and the Bears are giving 13. They should be able to cover - watch Cedric Benson have a big game. I take the Bears. (Dave takes the Bears, the wife takes San Francisco.)

The torrid Giants are home to the Vikings, with New York giving nine-and-a-half. The Giants should win this one easy - I take NYG -9.5. (Dave and the wife also both take New York.)

In Detroit, the Lions are three-and-a-half point favorites over the Cardinals. Maybe it's Joey Harrington (who I believe is starting again), maybe it's stupid...but I'm taking Arizona plus the points. (Dave and the wife both take Detroit.)

In Jacksonville, the Jaguars are six-point favorites over the Ravens. Jacksonville should win by 7. (Dave and the wife also take Jacksonville.)

Big spread in Indianapolis - the Colts are favored by 17 over the Texans. I think Houston might keep it close - a little bit of a letdown by Indy after last week's big win. I take Houston. (Dave takes the Colts, the wife takes Houston.)

In Oakland, it's Denver favored by three. Tough pick here - I like Oakland lately, and Denver definitely plays better at home than on the road. That's the biggest reason I'm taking the Raiders as the home 'dog, getting 3. (Dave and the wife take Denver.)

Another tough call - in Seattle, the Seahawks are six-and-a-half point favorites over the Rams. Saint Louis has been playing well - I think they can surprise Seattle. I take the Rams, plus six-and-a-half. (Dave and the wife both take Seattle.)

In Atlanta, the Falcons are nine point favorites over Green Bay. I don't know how it will happen, but Green Bay WILL find a way to lose. I take Atlanta. (Dave takes Atlanta, the wife takes Green Bay.)

Sunday night, Pittsburgh, without Roethlisberger, is a seven-and-a-half point favorite over Cleveland, in Pittsburgh. That Monday nighter the Steelers played versus the Ravens scared me, and that was with Big Ben. I take the Browns getting the points here. (Dave takes Pittsburgh, the wife takes Cleveland.)

And Monday night, the T.O.-less Eagles are still favored, at home, by 3 over the Cowboys. I take Dallas, despite Drew Bledsoe's idiocy...Philly will begin a tailspin here. (Dave and the wife take Philly.)

Enjoy the weekend!

No comments: