Friday, December 16, 2005

Way to follow up a 13-3 week - a big ol' 4-10-2. Back to six games behind the wife - she's at 104-98-6, I'm at 98-104-6, and Dave is 89-97-6. (Last week - wife: 10-4-2, Dave: 5-9-2.)

Maybe the Saturday games will bring me better luck.

In the Saturday games, I'm taking Tampa Bay getting four-and-a-half in New England, Kansas City getting 3 in New York, and Denver giving eight-and-a-half in Buffalo. The wife takes the Patriots, Giants, and Broncos, and Dave takes Tampa, Giants, and the Broncos.

On Sunday:

I'm taking Pittsburgh over Minnesota in Minnesota - Pittsburgh is favored by 3. 4 Vikings facing charges for the boat scandal a few months back - this is the final nail in the Minnesota coffin, the one that ends their current run and makes them miss the playoffs. Dave takes Minnesota, the wife takes Pittsburgh.

Indianapolis looks to go to 14-0 against the Chargers - I take the Colts giving 7-and-a-half. The Chargers will miss the playoffs - I thought they would do a lot worse than they did this season, but at least I'll be right about them not making the post-season. (One of the few things I would have been right about all year.) Dave takes Indy, the wife takes San Diego.

Jacksonville is giving 16 to the 49ers in Jacksonville. San Francisco was just awful last week, but I don't know that the Jaguars should ever be 16-point favorites. I take San Fran, so does Dave and the wife.

Seattle is on a roll - they're giving 7 to the Titans in Tennessee. All three of us take Seattle.

Arizona is the latest team to come into Houston and somehow steal a victory from the Texans. I take Arizona by a point-and-a-half, Dave and the wife think Houston will somehow pull out a win, or cover the point-and-a-half spread.

In Miami, the Dolphins are 9-point favorites over the Jets. I think the Dolphins win by 10 - and don't look now, but a Dolphins win coupled with a Patriots' loss leaves Miami only a game back with 2 to go - and a head-to-head matchup still to come. Dave and the wife both take the Jets.

Carolina is an 8-point favorite at New Orleans, where Todd Bouman will start. Carolina easy. Dave and the wife also take the Panthers.

In Washington, it's the Redskins favored by 2-and-a-half over the Cowboys. I think Dallas stays alive, Washington is done after this weekend. I take Dallas. So does Dave. The wife takes the Redskins.

Cincinnati is an 8-point-favorite in Detroit. Detroit doesn't have anything close to a home field advantage - they'd be better off playing on the road. How does Matt Millen still have a job? All three of us take Cincinnati.

Oakland is a 3-point favorite over Cleveland in Oakland. A few factors here - Kerry Collins is back after a one-game benching, Cleveland isn't very good, and the game is in Oakland. Also, Oakland had an embarrassing loss to the Jets last week. I'd make this game my lock of the week - I can't believe Oakland won't win this game. I take the Raiders. Dave does too, the wife takes the Browns.

Saint Louis is a 3-point favorite against Philadelphia. I don't know - I guess I take the Rams, since they're home. Dave takes Saint Louis, the wife takes Philly.

Sunday night is a good one - Atlanta, favored by 3, in Chicago. I'm torn on this one. The Bears have been playing so well...and their defense could shut down Atlanta. I'm taking the Bears +3. Not sure who will win, though. Probably Chicago. Dave takes the Bears, the wife takes the Falcons.

Monday night, Green Bay is a 3-and-a-half point favorite over Baltimore. Green Bay has to win this game. Baltimore's awful. All three of us take Green Bay.

Just two more weeks after this one - Indy's going undefeated.

No comments: