Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Mets are 29-33, 5.5 GB of Florida.
Philadelphia was the only team in the NL East in action last night, beating Cincinnati in a rain-shortened make-up game. They are now 1 GB Florida.
Atlanta is 4.5 GB Florida, at 30-32.

So interleague play now moves to the National League stadiums. If the Mets get back to/over .500 against the Indians and Tigers this week, I'm willing to pretend like last week never happened.

It's 5:20am, and I'm not sure how this happened - but I think Kaz Matsui just made another throwing error.

Big news - David Wright was moved up to Triple-A Monday. He went 3-for-4 in his Tides debut. Wright's going to be in the majors soon...my guess would be July. Especially if Jose Reyes doesn't come back. Then the Mets can keep playing Wigginton at second, and put Wright at third.

So this weekend I finally get the Saturday and Sunday Mets games on the Comcast package. It figures this is the first weekend probably since my wedding that I can't watch any baseball. And Friday night, when nothing's going on in my so exciting life, they aren't available. Damn. I wanted to see that Mike Piazza ceremony. Anytime Hall of Famer Gary Carter is in the house, I have to find a way to tune in...but Friday looks unlikely. Incidentally, not that you care, but there's not much going on with the Mets this morning, so I'll continue, I don't get any of the Mets-Yankees games during that first series, which sucks. Unless one of them is the ESPN Sunday nighter.

So another softball game last night - and this one wasn't even fun. It was absolutely embarrassing. My teammates absolutely ran up the score - it was horrid. The final score isn't worth repeating. There was a weak link in right field for the other team, and one guy just kept hitting it at her so he could run around the bases. Here's a hint at how unsportsmanlike that was - we were up by as many as 20 runs at one point. It's pathetic - something's sorely lacking in these guys' lives that they get thrills out of this. I might not play anymore...it's embarrassing to be a part of it. I must say, though, I think the opposing teams are taking the beatings better than I am - and I'm on the winning team. Oh well. We're 3-0. Maybe I'll give it one more game.

One man's opinion: I don't want the Mets to trade for Carlos Beltran. They don't need him. I think Mike Cameron will start to come around at the plate, and his defense is fine. I have no opinions on who the Mets should go after...yet. Maybe I'll speculate on that the next off day.

No comments: